Cross companies are committed to fulfilling their obligations and duties as responsible corporate citizens by ensuring that our behaviour reflects our core values and principles, and acting with concern for all our stakeholders. We seek to enhance the welfare, dignity and interests of our stakeholders including employees, shareholders and communities as a consequence of our business operations, providing socioeconomic benefits that are sustainable. This is important as we believe that the wellbeing of society and the natural world is critical for businesses to thrive and create value.
Our focus areas for sustainability include safety, health, community relationships, BBB-EE and environmental stewardship.
Cross aims to develop a fully integrated plan to implement its strategic goals that are founded on sustainability in the near future.
This plan will speak to our impact as a business and how we manage risk in the environments that we work, how we engage with the community to have a positive impact and the measures we take to ensure employee satisfaction.
Affirmative Procurement Policy
- We are committed to the Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) process in South Africa and are fully supportive of the government’s transformation objectives.
- Our Affirmative Procurement Guideline therefore seeks to ensure that, wherever possible, products and services are secured from companies or organisations that are partially or wholly-owned BBBEE enterprises, without compromising quality standards.
- Our policy is practiced across the organisation giving opportunities to SMME or emergent black suppliers and to transform the demographics of our supplier profile.
- This policy relates to the appointment of Professional Vendors / Service Providers by setting general principles and procedures for their selection and appointment.
- Our affirmative procurement policy is a strategic initiative, which enjoys the support and commitment of all the executives.
- We have undertaken an information-sharing process to ensure that our traditionally preferred suppliers are supportive of our affirmative procurement policy objectives.
- Ownership, control, equity and skills transfer represent the four core areas that we measure our suppliers against.
- Credentials of suppliers will be verified by a review of legal ownership documents,BEE certification, site visits and other methods available to ensure that participating vendor businesses are eligible in terms of our policies.
- Responsibility for this policy rests with the directors, assisted by all the managers.